Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Please to help Eddie.
In one of my earlier lives (30 plus years back) I was designing hydraulic and pneumatic circuits, part of which was getting pipes and fitting from A to B often with C in the way :grin2:

Take a measuring stick with you, pipe is standard OD, fittings may vary.

You can get push fit or glue fit...the latter needs a PVC glue and is permanent. But silicon or duct tape will work for what you are doing :grin2:
I'll certainly have a lid off a tube of pringles with me. I have a half tube of sickaflex that hasn't set so by tomorrow afternoon the van should be useable with everything heater wise fastened down. Then I can use the Bongo to get the plywood I'll need to start the conversation of the rear kitchen and the fixed side seats end of the campbed (2 side facing seats with a table the table fits between the 2 seats to become the top half of the bed). Sorry for the delays between post's but this tablet has a version where I can reply to posts but can't add photos my new tablet I can add photos but can't reply to posts. Thanks for your help and by tomorrow afternoon hopefully I'll have all the heater parts including the fuel supply and pump fitted.

As I intend to ratch around the scrapper's for a eberspach heater or buy a new proplex heater it'll be minimum use it'll get until I sell it on.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We'll with change from a tenner for a length of down spout and a 90 degree elbow one half of the cool air intake is done. It's a bit wet to do the bottom joint today but it's looking like it's going to fair up so possiblity of some photos of the finished job later.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Heater is now up and running. Time to start on converting an 8 seater people carrier into a campervan.

I've removed the rear seats and replaced them with two plywood boxes and a table.

(Please bare with me if there's no photo) but it looks like it's worked?

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,168 Posts
Good work on the heater Eddie :smile2: A new camper is taking shape :nerd: .... think you might need to take out some more seats though :grin2:.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good work on the heater Eddie :smile2: A new camper is taking shape :nerd: .... think you might need to take out some more seats though :grin2:.
No, what were the middle row of seats ( now the only row) lay flat, ie the back rests turned backwards as opposed to forward as in the photo, most people rotate the runners, I've tried them that way when I still had the rear row and didn't like it I'll probably have to do it again before we use it for camping as it means our bums will be where our bums should be and our legs Will be on the back rests. That's after I get the plywood kitchen units done I had intended fitting a SMEV combi sink /cooker till I got the total price complete with taps etc. I'm keeping with the IKEA kitchen unit I already have and adding a pump action tap and an insert plastic washing bowl to another sheet of plywood above it which can an catch any drips when filling the kettle then be taken with me to do the washing up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts