Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to the forum can you help?
got a 2000 megane cab', recently got the hydrolic hood ram replaced on the offside as it was leaking.
Whilst it was being replaced we used the hood in the manual mode, since the ram was replaced the hood will not work...full stop, just makes that annoying bleeping noise that indicates something expensive has broken...
took it to renault who tested all the parts independantly and could not find anything wrong, they suggested replacing everythinig to the tune of £4500 which was helpful...as thats about all the cars worth, since then we've taken it to two different garages who have tested the sensors and the ecu and still find nothing wrong with it...
£500 down the road and still no joy, any suggestions gratefully accepted, other than the obvious, find a chav to torch it...cheers geoff

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello Geoff and welcome to the forum.:)

I am no expert with Megane roofs so can't really offer any advice.Hopefully another member can help you,especially as we have a few Renault Techs on here who might be able to shed more light on the subject.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, i think they have tried to reset the position, but i'll check thanks for your replys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts