Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if you can help...

We have a 2005 master 2.5 DCI that will not start...

The van was not used for 2 weeks and when we came to start it it would simply not start, turns over fine, but that is about it...

I have tried hand priming and bleeding the fuel system up to the filter as it is the engine without the in tank lift pump....

I did manage to get it to run for a few seconds by continually pumping the priming bulb.. but that is about it...

We had another van prior to this, a Movano, and had exactly the same problem, but after removing the tank and checking the lines, fuel filter etc, we put it back together and it started running again fine.... so not convinced it is the pump just yet...

Are there any tests I can do without a code reader?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking for advice with this?

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Garage has quoted for a new fuel pump and suggests new injectors as well at the same time.. but they don't sound like they are certain...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello

I did wonder about one of the sensors like the TDC or EGR, but because it WILL run if I continually pump the hand priming bulb I assumed (maybe wrongly) that these were not at fault...

Is there any way to test this sensor with a multimeter?

Thanks

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Is there any way to test this sensor with a multimeter?

Thanks
Not that I know of I'm afraid, the TCD sensor is triggered by the rotation of a gizzmo embedded in the flywheel, the probe gets plastered over time with crud from the clutch which stops the damned thing from sensing, it probably only need removing & cleaning with a bit of rag slightly slightly sprayed with WD40, & hopefully Bob then becomes your Auntie Fanny, if you're lucky within half hour :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello

I think the sensor is an induction loop of some sort and the flywheel has a magnet on it which induces a current in the sensor...

I can try and clean it, but as I said, I thought if me pumping the hand pump got it started it was unlikely to be the sensor, but worth a try...

I have the CD manual on this van but they are pretty useless...

The fuel system is relatively simple but it is knowing how to test / locate components I am having problems with...

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts