Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have a horse box conversion which has the separate roof mounted TomTom that is controlled from a remote. It has a cd/FM head unit In the dash which displays on the Tom Tom screen.

There is no signal to get a location on the tomtom (showing no satellite strength etc), mapping etc is fine it just doesn’t know where it is and also the FM radio is now receiving no signal.

I’m thinking there must be an issue with either the aerial which is mounted on the front of the horse box extension above the cab or the wiring to it.

Odd that the van has been sitting for two months and my OH thinks it was ok before then. It had just come back from a service and new sender in the petrol tank but I’m not sure how/why that would affect the signal.

I’ve had the radio out and there is no traditional aerial connection so I assume the radio head/sat nav are linked somehow with a feed to the radio for the FM?

Hopefully this makes sense to someone ?!?

Any ideas/what to check?

thanks in advance.

Stuart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Stuart , yes you are correct the connection is in the top mounted screen at the back of it try to open it via the lines will add a picture for reference , use the lil spanner that's in the tire kit with the flat side to pry it open without breaking it. Once you open , the white one is the Ariel connection.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Stuart , yes you are correct the connection is in the top mounted screen at the back of it try to open it via the lines will add a picture for reference , use the lil spanner that's in the tire kit with the flat side to pry it open without breaking it. Once you open , the white one is the Ariel connection.
Awesome thanks! If that has come loose is it likely to affect the FM as well ?
thanks for your time and reply

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks! If that has come loose is it likely to affect the FM as well ?
thanks for your time and reply
Cancel my last comment - re will it affect the FM- thinking about it it could well d9 as the feed is then sent out to the radio. I shall have a look in the morning, cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I’ve had a look at the back and it is as above. The connections all appear fine though.

My OH popped it into a Renault garage and they told her that it might need a new ‘aerial base’ with a part number of 282169349R. This is over £500 so that’s not going to happen!
looking at that number it appears to relate to the whole system.

some systems seem to have a control unit module in the wiring, does anyone know if there is one of those in this system or does the aerial go straight into the back of the display. Does the output from there go direct to the radio or is there a control unit in the chain that (I’m hoping) I could get from a breaker?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts