Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 54 plate master 120dci with a blown engine. The gearbox is 6 speed dash mounted. The cost of replacement engines is too high for an economic repair, however I can pick up an older engine that would have been mated to a 5 speed box with a floor mounted gearstick. Will the older engine mate up to the more mdern gearbox and what other problems might i incur.
thanks in advance.

graham

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 54 plate master 120dci with a blown engine. The gearbox is 6 speed dash mounted. The cost of replacement engines is too high for an economic repair, however I can pick up an older engine that would have been mated to a 5 speed box with a floor mounted gearstick. Will the older engine mate up to the more mdern gearbox and what other problems might i incur.
thanks in advance.

graham
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If you're thinking of fitting a dTi engine (not common rail) then I think you will have more hassle than it's worth.It will be a nightmare matching everything up and changing the engine loom/ECU/driveshafts etc.

What sort of prices have you been quoted for an engine?.We picked up one for one of our vans for around a grand with low mileage,it's still going strong some 170,000 miles later and still has lots of life left in it so the investment has paid off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys, thanks for the replys.

I've been quoted around 1500 for an engine. clean, straightish vans are going through the auctions at under 2 grand at the moment. So I might just as well buy another and break mine for spares, unless anyone knows where i might pick up a reasonably priced engine from. I'm sure they are about as I've just picked up an ldv maxus engine for £600 when they are making £1200 plus on ebay.

thanks for taking the time to reply.

Graham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.