Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There is an earth connection on the Master II manual gearbox. Mine is stripped by some idiot. I'm having hard times figuring out there should the cable be connected, see this pic:

Can you guys help me out with a pic of the other side of the connection? Cable seems to be short in Dialogys so I assume it's connected to the chassis but I can't find any references on earthing in the manuals.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,199 Posts
Just get a new Earth strap, one that will reach from any place on the chassis, with a bolt hole,already to connect bolt to chassis and bolt to the gearbox, you need 4 inches longer than required ( You more than likely find original is behind the gearbox mount towards the bulk head )
So if chassis to gearbox point is 12 inches, you need 16 ( Engine vibration and movement )

Reactions: patricalex1981

·
Registered
112 Posts
i am assuming you are trying to work out where on the chassis to connect the cable that used to be connected to the connector on the left engine/gearbox mount bolt, you may well bind the original chassis mount snapped off due to corrosion, easiest way is to come of another earth point on the body, failing all else from the battery negative itself, just like ours2012 said allow a bit extra for engine movement and try to secure it so it just wear through if running any real length, if it does at least its an earth so less likely hood of shorts but of course you don't want it to break again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts