Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Master Mk2 which I've converted into a campervan. The problem I have is I am unable to open the rear doors from inside the van which is a bit of a safety issue. I've removed the locking mechanism but can't see how the internal door actually releases the top and bottom door latches. Any information would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,455 Posts
My first thought was child lock but cannot see that applying.
Are you saying that the internal handle does nothing or that there is no internal handle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. There's no child lock as far as I'm aware. It appears to be the latching mechanism of the door and associated control wires which don't appear to have any effect when the internal door handle is operated. I've dismantled the door lock and peripheral latches and handles, internal and external, but pulling the wire that is connected at one end to the inside door handle and at the other end to the locking mechanism, doesn't appear to do anything.
I guess what I'm looking for is a diagram of how it all connects together to be able to check if it's correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts