Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the site.
I have an ex ambulance 2001 Master the rear brakes are in a state and I need a workshop manual or info on how to go about fixing them.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Are they discs or drums,and what exactly needs replacing?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lagdti,
They are Discs, the hand brake levers are very stiff to move (too stiff for the return springs to work), the pistons seem very stiff also to wind back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
Just done all around my movano (master realy) and i had the same problem. I ended up using mole grips to wind the pistons back in and they were tight.
As for your hand brake remove the cable and keep moving it back and forth. If you do get it free the torx bolt that holds the arm on has a spline fitting so you can adjust it there aswell but make sure the piston is moving in and out as you move the leaver before you use this to set the hand brake up.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just read your comment PLEASE PLEASE don't use any oil/WD40 on the cables as this will let any dirt that you flick up stick and get draged into the cable sleeve and start grinding away at the protective coat. May sound daft but they are dry when you buy them :loser:. Hope this helps:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts