Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an issue with my 2008 Renault Master Van. I have had it sat for about a year using it as a guard to a building site, So it has been started very often to move to allow equipment in and out of site. The other day i went to start it and as normal the red led (immobiliser) flashes as usual and then goes solid when you put the key and put the ignition on (same happens when you try to start it). round light stays on solid.
The battery has never gone flat and before Covid the van drove perfectly before we stopped using it 12 months ago, and never had any issues with starting/or immobiliser. Milage is at 216,000.
Any help would be great as its now a bit of a problem....

Thanks Simon

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a similar issue, the van is at Renault's garage as we speak. Digging through forums, these symptoms in quite a few cases turned out to be wiring issue. This is a picture from Master's garage manual:

I will keep you updated on the progress of repairs of my van.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone. We just had an update from the garage. They reckon that the loom is ok, and they have sent out the ECU for testing/reprogramming, as they are suspecting it could be damaged. They are expecting to have it back tomorrow/Friday. We are getting to the point, that if the van is not ready by the end of the week, we will be looking into flying back to UK (we need to be back for our jobs etc), and leaving the van behind and collecting later in the year (when the travel restrictions are eased). We’ll see what the mechanic says, but I’m thinking also about moving the van to a bigger garage for repairs (the one that the van is in at the moment is a Renault dealership but rather small) I’m thinking that maybe there’s more chance repairing it there? Also (I’m obviously not a mechanic and my knowledge is very limited) but I doubt it’s faulty ecu. Looking through different forums in 90% cases with these symptoms it turns out to be a dodgy cable in the loom etc, so yeah, not much hope left…

·
Registered
13 Posts
It turned out to be faulty ECU, we bough a second hand one, cloned the settings and the van starts ok. I hope this will help somehow...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts