Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
I think you'd call this artistic licence or something..

Welcome to the fourms Mat

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Can't you pay a toll and actually drive around some/part of the Nurbruring ( can't spell )in your own car??
I am sure I have heard people say this before.

A

·
0 Posts
Your quite right ST..

If money was no object I would love to go..

Here

is a beginners guide to the circuit and how to get there..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok and a link for Clio Fans

http://www.northloop.co.uk/videos_clio.htm

Claire's 172

Engine
1998 cc
4 Cylinders
16 Valves
172 bhp @ 6250 rpm

Weight
1021 kgs

Gearbox
5 Speed

Brakes
Servo-assisted with ventilated disc brakes

Suspension
Front: Mac Pherson struts with coil springs
Rear: Semi-independent, trailing arms linked by a torsion beam

Tyres
195/45/R16

Performance
0-62 mph 6.7 secs
0-100 mph 17.7 secs
Maximum speed 138 mph
Best BTG 8.47

Comments
This car is exactly as it was the day it came out the showroom with no modifications at all.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laguna II Owner said:
I think you'd call this artistic licence or something..

Welcome to the fourms Mat
Superb!!! :rofl:

I did drive the Ring, but not in the Laguna ;)

Had a phone call from a mate one Friday last November, asking if I fancied a little drive over the weekend.

His little drive involved, getting the 3am Sat night/Sun morning Eurostar to Calais, driving through France, Belgium and into Germany, arriving at the Ring Sunday morning about 8am, doing 15 laps between 3 of us and then heading home!!

Was back in doors about 8pm, bloody knackered after only getting a few hours sleep on the train and the drive down. :crazy:

This was our track weapon.............

A Leon Cupra R on coilovers and Revo'd (chipped) putting out 265ish bhp and easily getting to 160 on the Autobahn :devil: Only damage from the trip was a warped pair of front discs!!

A

·
0 Posts
Matt I have a friend with a Leon Cupra R and the revo kit..

He got a demo kit ( which lasted about 4 hours before the demo is over ) and after it finished he just had to get the real deal..

Cupra's are VERY quick but the revo upgrade makes them much much quicker - hope you enjoyed the welcome..

My boy racer days of thunder have passed and nowadays I keep a keen eye on the mpg but would love to get on a track..

L20

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Laguna II Owner said:
Matt I have a friend with a Leon Cupra R and the revo kit..

He got a demo kit ( which lasted about 4 hours before the demo is over ) and after it finished he just had to get the real deal..

Cupra's are VERY quick but the revo upgrade makes them much much quicker - hope you enjoyed the welcome..

My boy racer days of thunder have passed and nowadays I keep a keen eye on the mpg but would love to get on a track..

L20
Same thing happened to my Dad! He took his TT to have cruise control fitted, was offered a demo Revo, and came away £400 ish lighter than he'd planned!!

Was very impressed with the Leon! We also thrashed it to Le Mans and back last year, keeping up with a convoy of Lambo's and a Zonda for a while :cool:

My boyracer days are well and truely over too! Unfortunately most of my mates have modded, fast cars so the bugs still there!! :rolleyes: (still.... saves me spending on fast cars! just blag a go in theirs ;) )

The day at the Ring was my first track day and was like being thrown in at the deep end!! Loved every second though and we're planning on going again this year :d

Cheers for the welcome! Made me chuckle :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts