Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Autel Maxidiag FR704 I was wondering can I change one of the manufacturers for another like Kia? (I need to reset the airbag warning light on a Rio 2011) and if so how do I do that is the big question, any help much appreciated.
I have been searching but no luck so if anyone can help much appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
From the Autel site

MaxiDiag FR704 is an innovative multi-functional scan tool powered by Autel Uni-SCAN™ technology, is designed for technicians to troubleshoot engine, transmission, ABS and airbag systems for Renault/Citroen/Peugeot.
Looks like a no go. It was also discontinued quite some time ago, around 2009/10 iirc.

·
Registered
2009 Renault Laguna Coupe 2.0 DCi GT 180bhp
15 Posts
7 months on you might no longer be interested but just in case (and to be helpful to others with this machine)...

I have a Maxidiag EU702 and it's the same machine as the FR704 and the US version and the Japanese version - it's only the software on the device which is different.
Using the PC Tool on your computer you can remove and upload whatever software you want from the 4 different bundles. You can't have them all on at the same time though.
Currently I have VW/Audi + Ford + Renault + BMW + Citroën on mine.

It's really easy to do - all you need is the software which is available to download online - I will see if I can find a link....

My top tip is to only upload one manufacturer at a time and press apply after each one, then try another manufacturer. If you try and upload several in one go it won't always work.

Other manufacturer software is: Honda, Nissan, Peugeot, Toyota, Chrysler, GM, Opel, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Volvo.

·
Registered
2009 Renault Laguna Coupe 2.0 DCi GT 180bhp
15 Posts
Well the link I had to the software files no longer work - see here

There is one which might do but I didn't like the warning message that appeared when I clicked on the link. See here

Somebody is selling the software for £20 -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts