Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading home in my laguna estate 2004 cluth pedel went right to the floor could it be the slave cylinder gone if so any idea of cost please thank you for reading this post:frown2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,984 Posts
Have you lost any brake fluid, check your reservoir.
Have you lifted the pedal with your foot,
If no undershield fitted, have a look to see if you can see any fresh fluid , where the engine and gearbox bolt together.
As regards price,,,,,,,..... Most garages will want to fit a concentric slave cylinder. ( the part inside your gearbox ).
But if the rest of the clutch system is contaminated , then they will want to change this.
It is always advised to change all the clutch parts, concealed inside the gearbox, If they do just your CSC, then the clutch plate, or pressure plate fails, then it is everything back off to rectify.
It is around 7 hours labour time, plus parts..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,984 Posts
NOT a cheap fix, sorry to say..
Clutch kit, with CSC, decent quality, 120£..
Then a labour bill, of 350£- 500£
Most cars end up scrapped because of the cost of repairs.
Realistically, only worth doing, if, the bodywork is very good, the car has had most off the other major jobs done, and you are going to keep it for 2 to 3 years

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are so right my better half has told me scrap it get a other laguna estate i do love them but things like the elecs are a real pain will put it on here for parts ect thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts