Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi can someone tell me where the Injction computer is located on my megan 2001 , and is it easy to remove? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Why do you want to take it out - is it broke - if you remove it or replace it you may have to tow it to a garage to have it remapped, etc. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" - if you get my drift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coil around ign switch wireing diagram Megane 1.6 16 v 2001

Thanks.

Still trying to get my car started. Has anyone got a wiring diagram or can help with the the wireing to the Key Reconiser Coil around the Ignition Switch, The plug has four wires and none of them are alive, I need to find the feed, all normal checks have been done Fuses ect. appriciate any help.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Ignition Key recognition coil

Have you tried both fuse boxes and the main supply fuses (75amp). It could also be a faulty chip in the key - some of the better locksmith companies have equipment to test if it can be read. When you tested the feed wires had you the key in the ignition and in the ignition "on" position. As far as I can remember (don't quote me) the key is not recognised until it is actually turned to the "on" position. Additionally if the car is fitted with an immobiliser there unlikely to be a current present if it is not functioning correctly. Renaults have been known to have probs with the immobiliser system. You may get a better response if you post in the"electronics" section of this forum. Have a look in that area. Goos Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried both fuse boxes and the main supply fuses (75amp). It could also be a faulty chip in the key - some of the better locksmith companies have equipment to test if it can be read. When you tested the feed wires had you the key in the ignition and in the ignition "on" position. As far as I can remember (don't quote me) the key is not recognised until it is actually turned to the "on" position. Additionally if the car is fitted with an immobiliser there unlikely to be a current present if it is not functioning correctly. Renaults have been known to have probs with the immobiliser system. You may get a better response if you post in the"electronics" section of this forum. Have a look in that area. Goos Luck
Many thanks
I have checked all the main fuses, as well as the normal fuse box, I had a locksmith out and re-entered the 8 digit code no fault codes found but the imboliser still refuses to go out, I would like to trace the wireing back from the coil feed around the ign switch to se if any breaks or bad connections, but i need to look at a wireing diagram if any one can help.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Ignition switch coil

:) Hi Mikeo - what type of key do you have - does it have a button on it - and what type of immobilser is it - is it the one that resets itself after you fail to start the engine or activate the ignition switch. Thse immobilser systems are notorious for failure - what happens is it reacts to the input from the key but then resets itself - the time delay aspect goes haywire. Sorry I don't have the wiring diagram for that model but what makes you think the wiring to the coil ring is damaged. In my experience I have never heard if failure in this area unless it has been damaged or monkeyed around with. You may have to bite the bullet and get it to a renault agent as the immobilser is programed to each individual car and needs to be programmed to suit.:)
P.S. - has anyone tried to steal the car or tried to modify the electrics, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) Hi Mikeo - what type of key do you have - does it have a button on it - and what type of immobilser is it - is it the one that resets itself after you fail to start the engine or activate the ignition switch. Thse immobilser systems are notorious for failure - what happens is it reacts to the input from the key but then resets itself - the time delay aspect goes haywire. Sorry I don't have the wiring diagram for that model but what makes you think the wiring to the coil ring is damaged. In my experience I have never heard if failure in this area unless it has been damaged or monkeyed around with. You may have to bite the bullet and get it to a renault agent as the immobilser is programed to each individual car and needs to be programmed to suit.:)
P.S. - has anyone tried to steal the car or tried to modify the electrics, etc.
Thanks for the reply
I have bitten the bullet and itis booked in to my local main dealer for a full diagnostic check on the 17th March.
gives me over a week to save !
Will keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts