Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone out there help me.?
On my Megane II '03 reg, the front o/side indicator bulb stopped working. Having eventually got the bulb out (swear words & bruised knuckles) I found the bulb itself is still OK and working. How on earth do you get to the wiring plug on the back of the headlight, or preferably get the headlight out.. Or any suggestions as to what is causing the problem. All help gratefully received. Thanks in advance..!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
The bulb holders give problems in the Megane. Did you go in g=from the top to get to the indicator? There is an inspection panel in the wheel arch which makes it alot easier to access.
Usually as soon as you touch the indicator holder it starts working again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Went in from the inspection panel in the wheelarch, but you need fingers that bend funny ways to have much luck.
Got the old holder and bulb out (bulb tested and OK) so need to get at the socket it fits into to check it out.
Unless anyone else can help, it looks like Haynes manual and front bumper off.
Thanks again..!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and my brother in law tried to get drivers side indicator working but there is wire dangling do we need to remove headlight .. may i just add what a peice of ****e this is very badly designed we bought a french van citroen relay it has benn in for new cat new brain and full rewire they are heaps of ****e I drive a toyota yaris which admittedley was built in france but is a jap design french cars are ****e ****e ****e **** them

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
It's just a bad contact. Both my mum's and my Mégane do this occassionally, just wiggling on the connection sorts it out. My dipped beam is suffering the same problem on the same side as well.

French electrics! :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts