Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My Drivers window wont open or close the other 3 are working. :crazy:

What would be the problem?

Is their a re-set button or anything I can try and do to fix it?

Thanks. X

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
mine was the same on my meg cc i took the door trim off and lifted the moduel a little bit and and gave the insides a good soaking with wd 40 i dint remove it just lifted it a little bit and used wd40 and a straw and flooded the inside that was 3-4 weeks ago and its still working fine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had it booked in with Renault to get it fixed 2 months ago. Told the regulator went in door. Renault pay 75% as manufactures fault. £100 for 25% tho. The parts were washed away in Japan by earthquake so still waiting. Had a phone call 2 days ago saying they are no longer making them for used cars only new ones. I don't believe that. So it could b years till they get new parts. Not sure wot to do now. Might try the WD40. I was told to get a 2nd hand regulator from a scap yard & get someone to fit it?

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Yeah, so if you have any problems just ask!! You can send me a PM or leave me a message whatever suits! :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Heather, Ive managed to get the door panel off, (just hoping I can remember how to put it back on).

Ive got the control box out. Their was no water inside my car so does that mean I have a different problem?

Ive still sprayed it with WD40.

My box is more like the link you put at top of page
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81895&highlight=window+reset&page=6
but it still the same.

I will have to wait to fit it to see if that was the problem. Fingers crosses.

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
It is still most likely that and yeah a good spray of WD40 is great and won't do it any harm anyway! Fingers crossed for you that this will sort the problem!! Keep me posted please :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again Is the black control Box the same as a complete regulator? Cause Renault was gonna fit a new one for me.

Also they locked my window so it wouldnt work while i was waiting for the part to come in. Im wondering if it will still be locked or is their a way I can unlock it?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Yep the black box is the complete regulator! Were they gonna do it under warrenty? Cuz the normally charge for the part and occasionally the motor too! If they are doing the whole lot for nothing I'd put it back together and let them sort it out! :d Not sure how they would have locked it but you could phone and ask them and they should tell you what they did to lock it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks. im gonna put it back together tomoro as day off, so fingers crossed. If its locked ill call renault. Anyone whos on facebook i found this group. Great for advise. Renault Window Regulator Fault!!! If mine still dosnt work I think I've got to buy another regulator off eBay. No I'm not under warranty, it's only 4 years old tho & they say they are no longer making the parts for used cars. I don't believe them. X

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Since its not under warranty I would ring and ask before you put it all back together in case you need to to something to the window, that way you don't have to take the door off again! :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Megane 07 Window Stuck! Now Fixed thanks to Heather!

Yaaaaah!!!!:d:d Got my window working. At first forgot to re-set the window and had to keep pressing it. Then i remembered the re-set.
Thank You sooo much Heather ur a money saver.
:cool:X

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Manufactures legaly have to supply new parts for there cars for 10 years, Renault are supped to be giving 75 contribution for window regs in meganne and scenic for cars upto six years old.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I rang them today cause they had locked my window too and they said they are still making the parts, (not what i was first told) they just had a backlog from Jan.
But ive done mine myself & saved 25% £100. :d

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts

You're very very welcome. It saved me a good bit so glad it does for others too. :d:d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts