Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again .

I went 100 mile round trip the other day and the car run fine , but yesterday morning the car won't start .
I can't hear the fuel pump engaging anymore . Does it have a fuse anywhere that has blown ?
A week ago i changed the cambelt and oil filter if that makes a difference , but the car run good for a week after that .

Any ideas much apreciated .

P.S. I put an external 12v power supply to the pump and it runs like that , shall i get 2 wires from the dash and run them to the pump so it goes that way ?
Thanks .

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
At key on fuse 6 7.5amp fuse feeds inerta cut off switch which in turn this cut off switch feeds a 12v feed to fuel pump relay base terminal 1. I would start by checking fuse 6 if ok check out cut off switch if ok fuel pump relay needs to be checked out including it's switched earth from terminal 2 on relay which is earthed at ecu pin no 6 There again you can remove relay & bridge out it's base terminals 3 & 5 your pump should run now if not post back Hth Regards Mickey bo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot mickeybo , where is the inerta cut off switch located please , and is the fuse in the main fuse panel under the steering as i checked all of them and they seem fine .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok , i now know where the switch is and i pressed it a few times but no change , it might be the fuse , i just don't know where it is .
Thanks .

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Fuses for engine related functions are likely to be in the engine bay fusebox.
Look for the fuses that mickeybo suggested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks , my engine fuse box has 2 fuses and 3 relays , i have checked and swapped all of them and no joy .
Any other ideas ?

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Did you try bridgeing out fuel pump relay base terminals 1 & 3 as re-quested Swapping relays is not a conclusive test when most relays go down it's because they lose their ecu switched earth. Can you check & post back

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes , i have tried that , i meant i swapped the relays with known working ones from another Megane .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts