Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,518 Posts
I waas quoted by a dealership ( none Renault, just the franchise dealer who sold me the car) for £400 all in including the water pump, if you go down the cheap end for cost then make it slightly more expensive and ask for a decent belt such as Gates

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Still deciding what to do, 630 in Renault or 350 3rd parties, but in the end they can always mount some ****, I'll never know...

·
7,518 Posts
See if one of the local garages will fit parts that you supply, buy the best stuff you can afford and have them fit it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm not a mechanic, I may order something fake and never realize, this is too risky for me, or make an order from a not reliable store.

·
7,518 Posts
well it seems you have already made your mind up for the expensive change and hope they dont use cheap stuff anyway, Good Luck

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,785 Posts
very few will fit your own parts because if belt or tensioner go kaput after a few miles knackering engine whos liable for labour to repair

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
very few will fit your own parts because if belt or tensioner go kaput after a few miles knackering engine whos liable for labour to repair
Good point, in fact I didn't find one without a warranty for one year for the damage itself plus other components in case of failure, obviously the entire engine for example.
But anyway it would be too much a risk for me to take care of this, I need to trust the garage or the official dealer, still thinking about that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
One mechanic confirmed that it will be INNA full kit... IT doesn't look so good to be honest, barely I can find it online...

·
7,518 Posts
you probably strruggled to find it online because it is spelled INA not INNA

ina.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I'm new here and damn, a lot of info around :D .

I've been reading a lot, but I didn't find my specific case...

So, my Renault 1.5 dci dynamique is from 2013, so it should be the series 2009-2013.
Currently it has 7 years of life, so reading in this forum, it has to be changed after 5-6 years or 55-70k miles, whichever comes first. I've mentioned ranges because I've seen different values in the forum, difficult for me to understand why...

The point is, aprox 1 year ago I bought this car certified at the maximum level of inspection from a very famous company in UK, I'm wondering why I don't see the belt changed somewhere in the notes of the manual/history_notes or in the MOT website, if is supposed to be there, should I ask a mechanic to verify?
So I guess that they didn't replace the belt and therefore the car hasn't been checked properly, they couldn't leave this to me as this maintenance is mandatory.

So, my questions are:
1) My car has now 62k miles, very low mileage but apparently I need to replace it, right?

2) I would put this on them, calling and explaining that they have sold a car not fully revised and I want them to pay the job.
At this point, I may want also my money back as the car is in warranty 1 year with them, even if this discussion is not about warranty, but possible negligence from them.
If they didn't check this, I wonder how the rest has been checked... The car runs well, even if I don't like the clutch or gearbox in someone, between the 1st and 2nd gear it's like that the clutch slow down the car, this mostly when is cold.

3) Here another problem,what about my insurance for the rest of the year, for the simple reason that it's my first insurance and costed me hell... (in case I want my money back from the car, therefore also the insurance)

4) I know that I need to change also the water pump, this also wasn't changed, I don't see it anywhere... Should I add this and also other items to the list in case I ask them to fix all this garbage?

An immense thanks for who will help!!!!!!! Also a dinner paid if you are around Buckinghamshire :D .
Hi
if its not in the service book you must assume the belt,tensioners and w/pump haven't been replaced, so for peace of mind you really need to get this done, shop around for the best price local recommendations etc, the dealer who sold the car doesn't have to do this as the service intervals have been adhered to by the look of it,
i bought a 2010 Renault scenic 3 1.5 dci, @73000mls service history good but no belt mentioned, changed it and boy i just cauhgt it in time, now i have a little relief in driving
good luck

·
7,518 Posts
on the same website the Gates version of the kit you see above was £85, so is more expensive, but £75 certainly wasnt the cheapest, the cheapest was down at about £50 so I would say based on price alone it would be a decent set but I cannot guarantee that as i have never used them or had them fitted

21 - 32 of 32 Posts