Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have this issue with my 2014 Megane 3, 1.5 dCi, 110 HP. Mileage 130.000
When accelerating, the torque is delivered in pulses, not big fluctuations but enough to be noticed.
During engine braking, occasional vibrations occur in a few seconds, and at low speeds at low engine speeds, there may be a little misfire.

There are no error messages stored in ECU.

I think the engine sound is a bit hard, at least compared to my Twingo dCi and my Clio dCi

Any ideas on this?

Best regards
Kent Nielsen

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,056 Posts
you mean a vibration like a soggy engine/g'box mounting; or a crankshaft vibration damper not doing what it should?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean a vibration like a soggy engine/g'box mounting; or a crankshaft vibration damper not doing what it should?
It´s more like it´s still firing on one or two cylinders.
I susbect a leaky injector, but it´s just a guess.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,056 Posts
Sorry. Lots of ideas.. none convincing. Anything like injector (bad enough for you to feel it) I would expect a fault to show as a sensor should pick it up. Fuel supply maybe... filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kent

Did you solve this - having the same with my 1.5Dci Megane - Pulsating with a frequency of around a hertz - I don't have any of the other symptoms that you mention.

Had it for a while intermittent, possible most when going uphill or similar - but now nearly always.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great!
Hope it does the trick for you, as it did for me.
Please update this tread with the result, if you will?

It seems you´re like me, located in Denmark?
If you´re on Facebook, there´s also the group called "Renault Klubben Danmark" where people are pretty helpfull. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts