Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

My wife's Megane has been running normally with no faults for a month now, since its head swap. However this morning she is getting warning lights for STOP, SERV, ABS and Brake Fault ((!)) which won't go out.

The brake fluid level is normal (exactly on pencil mark made one month ago on reservoir), the brakes are firm and nothing appears to be physically wrong.

I think this may be an instrumentation problem, but where to start ?

2000 Megane 1.6 W reg K4M-700 engine.

Thanks

Marv

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
I will check of course, but I don't think it's that, as all four lights are on not just the ABS / SERV lights. It was all cleaned and inspected about a month ago prior to the MOT. Any other thoughts ?
If the onboard sytem detects a fault in the brakes it will advise there is a fault in the ABS system, tell you there is a brake fault, advise you to stop in case the brakes should fail, and also to get it checked (serviced). So effectively all warnings are related.

I know you measuered the brake fuid level but is the level up to the maximum mark and is the level indicator in the reservoir working correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.