Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and really need some help.

I have an 04 reg 1.6 petrol megane that I either have trouble starting or cuts out. I had a warning light (orange engine symbol) and service light come on. When I couldn't start it I got the AA out and they advised I may need 2 sensors and recommended I take it to my local garage. I did and after sitting there for a few days I brought it home as the garage were not doing anything but luckily they have left the diagnostic report in my car :d

I have 3 error codes:
DF154 Flywheel signal memory sensor circuit, no engine speed signal or speed signal interference.

DF080 Camshaft dephaser circuit, camshaft phaser position error.

DF080 Camshaft dephaser circuit, short circuit to +12V or phaser control outside of limits

I have already had a garage quote £250 but I just cant afford that with 2 little boys constantly wanting and needing things!!! So hopeful I can sort the problem myself. Can anyone recommend what parts I need?

I have read a lot about cleaning the crankshaft sensor, do you think this is worth doing?

Thank you for reading :)

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

is the poor starting and cutting out worse when the engine is hot. If so the fault could be the TDC sensor, which I think is the same as the camshaft sensor. You could clean the sensor tip and that may fix the problem, if not replace the sensor itself. Also how is the car idling?

Harry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding so quickly, my car seems to have more of a problem when the engine is cold (so maybe not the tdc as I hoped :(
I'd say when idling the car is quite jumpy at the monent!

HELP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts