Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have seen many threads similar to my issue but not quite the same, every now and again my car looses power, if I take my foot of the accelerator and then put my foot back on it is fine, so is only a very short loss but completely looses power, was thinking it may be a sensor issue but don't really know?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi wlko,lots of things can cause what you describe how many miles does it smoke a lot(black)when was last serviced. fuel filter is one,sticky wastegate another egr sticking another.leaking turbo pipes start with wastegate pull the actuated up by hand should be some resistance when up let go should go back smoothly.get someone to start the car while you watch the actuated when started should come up and stay up when you shut down should go back down,if that's all ok take off the egr,plenty of posts in search section with full instructions that should keep you going for a while but come back as you go cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, the car doesn't smoke at all, and the miles until it happens can vary loads, sometimes not long after started travelling and otherwise can be fine for ages!!!!
Not really a DIY person on engines, but might get it serviced soon and have filters etc replaced anyway and see what happens from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts