Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my boot button has come stuck in and the boot wont open, it happed when someone tried to open the boot when the child lock was on, how do i fix this????:crazy:

A

·
0 Posts
sorry deano23285

But i have had a look back through the forums help pages
and can not find any info

some other member may help soon

welcome to the forum

hope you find an answer soon

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well dont look like im getting any help with this so its going into my local F1 garage 1st thing

A

·
0 Posts
Well I am SURPRISED that your question has
not had an answer.

Since I joined this must be a first for the forum.

Hope you stay with the forum as it has a great knowledge base and may be it will be able to assist you in the future.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Don't contact your garage hun, this happened to me once.

A friend climbed through to the inside of the boot and managed to pop the button back out by releasing a mechanism on the inside of the boot door - give it a go ;)

Incidentally, this used to happen a lot when i was pressing my fob and trying to get into the boot without giving it enough time to unlock. Always make sure you do the same :)

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i'll be sticking around so that i can leanr more bout my car and maybe help others. I'll take a screw driver and a hammer to the mechanism tomorrow

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey my boot button has come stuck in and the boot wont open, it happed when someone tried to open the boot when the child lock was on, how do i fix this????:crazy:

Dont know if its the same as my mk1 laguna, i had to crawl into boot under parcel shelf, if its the same you will see a large torx head screw below the locking mechanism , i unscrewed tis and it opened, the fault in mine was the solenoid was jammed (central locking) and the key didnt work in the lock itself.
Once opened stripped plastic from boot lid, got a 2nd hand solenoid and fitted, put all back together and bobs yer uncle.

A

·
0 Posts
This might be a good time to firstly check things and take a note of how to gain access if it should return

1 - 13 of 13 Posts