Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with the front passenger door lock on my Megane Classic. The central locking won't unlock it, and nor will the key. I expect that the motor/key lever has come away from the lock mechanism or something, but the main problem is this:

To get to the mechanism to look at it, I need to take the door panel off, but to get the door panel off, I need to open the door, but to open the door, I need to unlock it (repeat)

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the door open, or am I going to end up cutting a great big hole in the door interior panel and then trawling scrapyards looking for a replacement?

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried pulling the door handle inside - it won't open it. The central locking fob unlocks all the others but not the passenger one.

I can only imagine that something has broken inside the lock, but until I can get the inside panel off, I can't see it, and getting the panel off looks difficult without having the door open!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you unscrew your interior door handle and remove it, this should allow you too free up a bit of the top end from the door panel, depending on how skinny your arms are you should be able to get a screwdriver down to prize the lock open from inside the inside (if you see what I mean). It may result in you needing a new catch depending on how annoyed you get, but should be cheaper than a new door.

It's more than likely the solenoid has packed it in and because of this a cable or rod (depending on which set up your car uses) has freed itself or maybe even snapped. But all will be revealed when you free the door up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll probably have a go at it this weekend and let you know whether I was sucessful or if I just took an angle grinder to the door!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi changed door cards today I've got bad news you have more chance of winning the lottery than that open with out hacking the door card to bits :rant:

·
Registered
5 Posts
De-lock + De-handle + Alarms

Hi, i am planning on installing a new alarm system in my phase 1 megane but i also want tu de-handle and de-lock all doors and boot and i was wonderin how difficult this was and if i could do this myself??? Any tips??
Thanks michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I picked up my 2000 Megane 1.6 RXE Hatch yesterday after the garage I bought it from fixed a few problems.

They replaced the rear-right hand locking system, the soloniod, due to the door not unlocking. I check the door on picking it up and everything worked fine.

Only when I locked the car last night before turning-in did I notice the problem. When you lock the car, the rear-right door opens. And when you unlock the car, that door closes.

Now not being a electrical engineer, I'm wondering if they could have 'swapped' the wires around ... polarity ... so to speak. And if I can fix it myself, since I need the car the weekend."

I know about the emergency clocking screw, but that only works untill you unlock the car. When next you lock the car, the door is once again open able from the outside."

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
hi ruin,
i had this problem in work a few weeks back when i replaced both the o/s door locks on a megane I hatch.it must be the way the new locks are made.all you need to do is remove the door trim, disconnect the 2 pin connector from the door lock and switch the wires round and your problem will be solved

1 - 14 of 14 Posts