Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a problem with my megnae 1 1999 1.6 rt ,when driving straight or steering round to the right everything is fine, above sort of 30 mph and more when i steer to the left im getting a slight vibrating and droning noise coming from the front end of the carits quite strang cuz if you hold the steering wheel straight and keep nudging it left you can hear it start and stop with the slight nudging could anyone help please cheers guys

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

It's almost certaintly a wheel bearing problem,jack up the front wheels and spin them and listen for any droning.If you're getting a vibration as well you need to have it sorted asap,it sounds as though the bearing is beginning to break up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it only does it when the steering wheel is turned left when, driving straight there is no droning so would i still be able to pick up the droning noises from wheel bearing when jacking the wheels up ????? cheers for the quick response

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lagdti ive had the wheels up on the car and cant seem to really notice any droning the passenger side seems to be a bit louder than the drivers side but im not sure if thats because thats the side that the gearbox is fitted to,it only happens when i turn left so is it more than likely that if i was steering left the weight goes on to the passenger wheel would this be the side that is more than likely to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts