Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..im going to attempt to replace air filter on my megane 11 1.5 dci 106 would welcome any advice and info on how to do it...many thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
If its the same as my 1.5dci 86bhp then its not to bad, just be weary of the turbo solenoid, its slightly obstructing the screw you need to undo, the other screw is easy to remove and lift the top off and remove the old filter, when i change mine, i stick the hoover in there to suck the left over flies from the bottom :d hope this helps :cool:

·
Administrator
13,232 Posts
Hey it is really simple to change! My screw was actually obstructed a bit by the battery but with a wee bit of patience it was easy enough to take out! :d I also stuck a hoover in to remove the leaves and in my case a bee out of the filter housing! lol :d and the filter just lifts out and the new one sits in nicely! I did my cabin filter at the same time and it was disgusting and the amount of leave in there was :eek::eek:!! ha ha :d maybe best to do that one too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
my cabin filter was horrific, i think renault really need to sort there service schedule out as its not nowhere near as frequent as it should be, if ya want some parts or advice, i use renault wolverhampton, tony and dave on parts, there brilliant, they are on fleay bay (|Renault wolverhampton) funny enough ;) look them up if you ever want parts as my local dealer cant get the prices nowhere near theres :eek::eek: and that includes delivery!!!! :d:d

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
my cabin filter was horrific, i think renault really need to sort there service schedule out as its not nowhere near as frequent as it should be, if ya want some parts or advice, i use renault wolverhampton, tony and dave on parts, there brilliant, they are on fleay bay (|Renault wolverhampton) funny enough ;) look them up if you ever want parts as my local dealer cant get the prices nowhere near theres :eek::eek: and that includes delivery!!!! :d:d
Having been invoved in the motor trade for around 40 years I have found many so-called servicing by dealers fail to change the fcabin filters. It not just Renault who fail to do so.

My neighbour has an 9 year old Ford with a full Ford service history and the pollen filter has never been changed until a few weeks ago by the owner himself.

What many garages fail to recognise is that the incoming air helps cool the heater motor and a blocked filter will shorten its life-span.

I would recommend it be changed at least once a year and inspected during the Autumn especially after leaf-fall.:)

·
Administrator
13,232 Posts
Thanks Noel!! I dont think mine had ever been done til I did it! It was supposed to be white but it was pretty much all grey! I think it was worse than my air filter :eek: but sorted it took me about 5mins all in allwhen I did it! :d:d

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
You can't always judge by the colour as some types are availble with activated carbon content to neutralise odours, etc.. - hence ethey can be either black or grey in appearance even when new.

The activated carbon filters are the most effective but have a shorter working life and are obviously more expensive. But for people with respiratory problems they can be a godsend.

I have to admit to change the pollen filter on my Honda is the simplest I have ever came across. No tools are required and the dirvers handbook even explains how to do the job. Open the glove box - undo two swivel catches - slide out the old filter and then reverse the procedure. Why can't all manufactirers do the same eh!!:)

·
Administrator
13,232 Posts
Mine was supposed to be white. There was a few patches of the original colour here and there!! The megane's cabin filter was the easiest thing to change! Take the cover off ,take the old filter out, vacuum out the housing put the new one in. All that is required is a little bit of wiggling to get it back in! :d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Heatherj and all that gave me advice ....job done filter was minging have ordered cabin/pollen filter as advised by you all so thats next on the to do list....
These were supposed to be done by renault main agent but it seems they missed them out when they had it for its last service....:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts