Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clonking noise over bumps getting worse for about a month. Tracked it down to the front nearside strut spring moving against the top spring seat - along with its stop it seems. Now the other side has started. Any ideas on solving problem and why both sides together??:confused:

G

·
If one goes, then as it's covered the same mileage, it's fair to assume the other will go too.

Sure it's not the top bearing?
The top strut bearings are a common failing on the Scenic, so it's possible that the Megane would be the same.

Replacing the bearing, with the mounting plate if you like, will solve the noise either way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right. Been asking around and it seems to fit. Any ideas where I can find an exploded diagram of the strut and spring?
Strange thing is, this all started after I put a towbar on - coincidence?? Thanks anyway.

G

·
My bearings are fooked and I'll need to buy a compressor myself as it's a job I've been putting off for months, but too many other things to fix.:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.