Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 Megane Cabriolet 2.0ide which started running on 3 cylinders a while ago, I've got a new fuel rail which is going to be fitted this week, however I've also had a starting issue lately...the car starts fine first time and runs ok (considering its running on 3 cylinders) but if I return to it and try starting it it won't start, I have to leave a while then try again, it does eventually start again but its a little annoying when you pop to the shop for milk and have wait 20 minutes for it to re-start again, it doesn't do it all the time and seems a bit random, I have no idea what this could be...or if the problem is connected to the fuel rail, maybe it will be fine once the new rail is fitted.

Does anyone have any advice or info on this problem, has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks guys :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
engine coolant temp sensor would be my first guess, followed by a faulty coil or spark plug

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi, I have a 2000 Megane Cabriolet 2.0ide which started running on 3 cylinders a while ago, I've got a new fuel rail which is going to be fitted this week, however I've also had a starting issue lately...the car starts fine first time and runs ok (considering its running on 3 cylinders) but if I return to it and try starting it it won't start, I have to leave a while then try again, it does eventually start again but its a little annoying when you pop to the shop for milk and have wait 20 minutes for it to re-start again, it doesn't do it all the time and seems a bit random, I have no idea what this could be...or if the problem is connected to the fuel rail, maybe it will be fine once the new rail is fitted.

Does anyone have any advice or info on this problem, has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks guys :eek:
Did you get any warning lights on te dash?

Why is the rail being replaced? The rail will cause problems on all cylinders.

Make sure that the rail is perfectly clean and is fitted in near clean room conditions. Even the slighest particle of dust will cause you problems.

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts