Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys - i get erattic idling and engine cuts out on my megane dci...ive cleaned the tdc sensor on the bell housing b ut still does the same...i thought id try the crankshaft sensor located on the timing belt side, i can see it but cant seem to get at it see pic please..i understand i need to remove the timing belt cover, i can unclip two of the clips on the top half of the cover, but how do you remove it...it seems that i need to remove the mountings as it seems to go through that..see second pic...any help please...ta

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
TDC sensor does the same thing as a crank shaft sensor.

I can't really tell from the photos so not sure if the cam shaft sensor is in the same place as on the 1.9Dci engine?

Changed the cam shaft sensor recently on a mates Laguna 1.9Dci and I removed the rear engine lifting eye to make access easier

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think you're looking for the Camshaft Sensor.;)

It works off of the fuel pump pulley (oddly enough),I can't for the life of me remember how to remove the cambelt covers or access the sensor though.I changed a belt on one not so long ago but my memory isn't what it used to be.:eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're looking for the Camshaft Sensor.;)

It works off of the fuel pump pulley (oddly enough),I can't for the life of me remember how to remove the cambelt covers or access the sensor though.I changed a belt on one not so long ago but my memory isn't what it used to be.:eek:
lol..ill post some clearer pics 2morrow....i posted this before here...
http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240168

but just cant see how to get the cover off???:confused:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Remove the part of the engine mount on the engine. Have a jack below the sump with a bit of wood to spread the load. Sensor is held by one bolt (10mm wrench) if you still have difficulty of access jack the engine up a bit, carefully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts