Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to Renault all together, so, please, be gentle with me :/

I've recently purchased Megane II (2006 1.5 dCi) and noticed that it's idling in a strange manner. To be precise, it's pulsating. I've noticed it when it's cold (below -5C, maybe less, as of right now, Europe hasn't reached higher temps... :laugh: ) and I'm a bit worried. The dash does not register those pusles, but i can hear the engine going slower and faster every 2-4 sec or so.
Please tell me is this normal for diesel Renaults? Maybe something's wrong? If that's the case, what could it be?
I've bought this precious about a month ago, got hit by very low outside temps (below -25C!) and just now noticed this behavior.
Changed both belts, full flush of antifreeze. Oil change is due in ~4k km, so no worries there (yet).
Any ideas/suggestions?

To add to this, as I mentioned, never had Renault, but i've noticed one quirky thing: the turbo spools after a few seconds (5-10) when the engine starts and it's noticeably audible, like a his (SSSSSS!) and then, after a few minutes of "warming up" slows down. I guess it's normal, since it's using more fuel (hens more exhaust). But still, never seen (or rather heard) anything like this in other cars. If you would be so kind, please tell me that's normal and I do not have to search for a new turbo. :think:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,939 Posts
Audible turbo and hissss suggests you may have a leak in the intake system.
Which may also account for wandering idle.

Have a good look at all connections and hoses from turbo to inlet manifold, splits or worn spots likely.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Hi

DD is right - issue is either fuel or air related, ie mixture inconsistent, and the electronics are trying to compensate.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts