Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ECU Faulty ?

Hi All, I have a 2004 Megane which chooses not to start I have all that steering lock and service light problem, I thought it was the steering lock but still had not luck.

I was wondering whether it could be my ECU because the OBD point is unreadable, but at the same time the lights, horn, windows, heater and alarm/central locking all work.

Please help someone I have had it with this car. Will you also be able to tell me where the ECU is located on the car so that I dont unscrew everything.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Re: ECU Faulty ?

Hi if the code reader wont talk to the ecu it likely to be a wiring fault.Ecus rarely fail in the way you have no communication.I would check the wiring before condemning a probably perfect good ecu.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

so what part of the wiring ? because I remember renault dealer telling me all the looms will need to be changed and quoting me £1400 which is crazy. I was considering buying a whole set on ebay, which included ecu,uch,card reader and steering lock.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts

Check around the battery tray to the ecu for corrosion/rotten wiring.I know what you are saying but if you have no communication with ecu its usually the wiring.

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
Behind the battery, in front of air filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that I am aware of that one I though that was the ugh, what about the other black looking box which does not have metal on the side?

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
The UCH or Body control module is either behind the Glove box or under the passenger seat. Do a search, been discussed many times.

The black looking box is the air filter, unless wires come out of it, then it's the fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes its the body control module I am referring to, I dont think its in the bonnet I will check behind the glove box but now I am thinking whether its worth purchasing a new set or could it be the wiring.

Is the Body control module coded too ??? and can this affect the reason why the car does not start ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts