Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
On your car no2 ignition coil second 1 from gearbox end at ignition on should have 12v at terminal 1
orange wire. This 12v's then travels through ignition
coil no 2 then on to ignition coil 3 brown wire then on to ecu pin no 1 which is a switched earth possible
causes wiring chech both coils ecu earth check for
12v's ignition onat ecu pin no 1 Hth Regards Mickeybo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice but my plug coils go direct to plugs no pulse at 2 and three multi plug connections coils work when connected to other multi plug so no problem with coils just no pulse at wires when cranked over

R

·
0 Posts
my plug coils go direct to plugs
As do all these type of engines but if you unplug 1 coil you disconnect 2 coils as they are wired in pairs. There is always a wasted spark to the cylinder thats not on its compersion stroke.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I think you's are missing the point here your 12v's
must travel through ignition coil 2 via ignition coil 3
and the only way these 2 cylindes cae be pulsed
is at ecu pin no 1 if this earth is not activated theres no way willyou get a spark at no 2 or 3
Mickeybo

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
The fuel pump relay supplies the 12v feed to terminal 1 on both ignition coils 1 & 2 brown wire feed
to coil 1 orange wire feed to coil 2. 12v feed via
output terminal on relay marked either 87 or 5 wire colour cream. Some where in the loom the wires are
spliced hense wireat output relay terminal is coloured
cream but at coils1 & 2 colours are brown & orange
if you have12v at coil 1 with ignition on and not at no 2 coil it rules out a relay fault as the relay supplies both coils1 & 2 Hth Regards Mickeybo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts