Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been searching the internet for over an hour now, but can't seem to find even a similar problem.

Just both a Megane from 2000 and upon arriving at home, I found out the central locking isn't working. Or actually, it's only working partly, like it is central unlocking.

Okay, let's face it, here's what the car does:

Key:
Lock/unlock individual locks, no CL triggered, neither on locking nor on unlocking

Remote:
Locking: lights flash, no sound of locks locking, doors unlocked
Unlocking: Lights flash, doors unlock. (Actually locked doors manually by key and they all opened, including trunk.)

Inside button:
Locking: Nothing happens, not a sound, no lock
Unlocking: attempts to unlock. (haven't tried locking myself in though... ;)

Anyone got any idea as to what could be the cause?

Fuse seems to be okay, just as the wiring, because it unlocks. Just to be sure I switched it with a different one (same results) and also tried to operate the CL with the fuse pulled out (no results whatsoever).
Remote seems to be synchronized, because it unlocks.

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,804 Posts
I read on here that the drivers door lock acts as a master lock,if it doesnt work the others also doesn't work, so it may be possible that there is a broken wire in the drivers door (for the locking circuit)

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
check the imobiliser unit, take it out and clean the PCB, dry it off, refit.
retry ?
the drivers door lock is the master switching door, wd40 the mechanism and door pilar connector.
try again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2000 Megane recently had some electrical problems. The first symptom was that the central locking didn't work, but soon after there were all sorts of other problems (indicators, wipers, ...). Turned out to be a corroded 60A fuse in the fusebox near the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.