Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking for advice please.

I went on holiday for a few weeks, came back and my car now longer fires up.

I can open the doors using remote fob, when I go to start the car, I hear two beeps and it then shows a low battery warning / engine management light. I can also hear the radiator fan kick in and run at full speed, turning off the ignition quietens the fan but it still runs after I lock the car.

I tried replacing the battery, tried the spare key, I used a multi-meter over the battery terminal connections and all seems OK. Interestingly, I've tried two different OBD machines and neither can connect / read the fault codes.

I remember before I went on holiday, I think I heard some water sloshing about from the engine bulkhead but not sure if the problem relates.

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers
J

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,619 Posts
Water sloshing around sounds ominous..this might be UCH related if it's situated behind the glove box..are the floors/carpets wet in the front..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I had a feel around the carpets and no water from what I can tell. The UCH, is that the fuse box to the right of the battery? If it's not raining tomorrow, I'm going to take apart the UCH thing and check for water damage. I just find it really strange how I can't pull the engine codes with the ignition on, must be a symptom of the issue.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,619 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I had a feel around the carpets and no water from what I can tell. The UCH, is that the fuse box to the right of the battery? If it's not raining tomorrow, I'm going to take apart the UCH thing and check for water damage. I just find it really strange how I can't pull the engine codes with the ignition on, must be a symptom of the issue.
Thats probably another fuse box which might also carry relays..the uch on renaults are normally on the bulkhead under the glove box

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbour managed to read the codes using some proper equipment. There's fault codes everywhere, ABS, alternator, UPC, UCH with UCH being high on the score board. I'm not sure what to make of it. I've removed the UPC which seems dry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've not looked at the car since the last post, too miserable outside. Finally some spare time, a little sunshine and now a little hope that I've found the culprit. See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seen that situations already.. on my previous car skoda 2.0 tdi one wire was braked and touch ground, always have errors.. fixed it and no problem at all..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news, she lives! I soldered the two broken wires and car fired up first time. I now need to find a replacement battery tray. I rounded the rusty torx bolts that holds down the tray,I ended up ripping it out and breaking it - doh!

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts