21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,575 Posts
Its Not on most Forums, but Renault are a bit fussy with us,

·
Registered
46 Posts
So when the seat is back the switch resistance measures 125ohms is it?
And when the seat is forward and the switch is depressed what resistance might one expect? I'm not sure if my switch is acting up too.
Thanks if you get to see this message and reply.
Ok. I took out the drivers seat again and checked resistance across the seat position switch and as detailed, I measured 100ohms and 400ohms for the two positions of the switch. I thought this switch might have been the source of my airbag issue but it appears not.

·
37,575 Posts
Would be getting this diagnosed again, with your bodge in place, you could have two faults here
You say you only have elm, is that correct?
Or is that from someone else's thread mixed in now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes. I'll have to get the codes read again. Yes, I only have a bluetooth ELM plug and I haven't been able to see the airbag codes. I'll report how that goes.

·
37,575 Posts
download ddt4all, see if you have any joy with it, that should work on elm

Reactions: eoinuna

·
Registered
46 Posts
download ddt4all, see if you have any joy with it, that should work on elm
Downloaded and tried it with 2 ELM readers. First didn't connect at all. Second connected but nothing more. I still have to get back to "he who can clear all codes". One of these days. (Having trouble with a 1.2 Aveo now too)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok. Airbag problem resolved, I think as per another thread. Seat location switch was a complete red herring in my case. It was a wire in the seatback. Main connector under the seat was fine. A third ELM reader proved more functional. If only I could find anything on the P1560 code (check anti polution system) on my other thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts