Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a car and this time I found a Megane 3 1.5 dCi 110 FAP from 2010. I want to ask all the owners of a car like this, what is the fuel consumption of this car, and is it reliable?
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Exactly the same answers as your question about the Clio but with the addition that it's diesel so it will have injectors and glow plugs to worry about. You really can't get an answer about reliability, it depends on how well it's been looked after. If the car has been serviced properly the diesel engines are good for very high mileages.
Consumption figures here but expect it to be typically 10 to 20% worse. No one ever gets those numbers.

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Hi

I have a 2014 1.5 dci Megane ST EDC (Automatic).

Below are 2 photo's of the MPG I'm getting -

first one for a motorway run to Wales to visit my daughter (approx. 110 miles round trip 3 passengers)
and the other is to and from work (average over a full tank mostly B roads 24 miles each way with just driver)

I have had both better and worse figures depending on number of passengers and if I have the roof box on or off.

Other's on here have had stated different average MPG's but their cars are either manuals, hatchbacks or coupes whereas mine is an auto estate.

Both of these photo's were take within the last three months car has done just over 136K

Hope this helps ?

Al

Land vehicle Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Gauge

Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,185 Posts
Plus timing belt changes.
Should be every 6 years or 72000 miles, (about 100000Km)
Whichever is soonest.
If no records you can trust, plan and cost for a belt change ASAP

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Just done at 133K - Cam belt, water pump, coolant and aux belt, I also had to have new covers too as previous aux belt had gouged its way right through - total cost £621 ouch !

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Hi

yes - price was good, just more than I expected due to the new covers being £150 + VAT and overnight delivery.

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts