Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends i joined this forum because i became a new owner of Renault Megane. Such a great car, but it has one issue that cannot find solution. Car was inspected by 3 different mechanics and me (also mechanic). So..the problem is the same as on the video link i found on youtube

When car is completely cold it will start and idle rough for about 10 seconds..after that..it revs a little bit and goes down normally (like it was just started). After that car works normally until next morning ofcourse. Once or twice also cutted out. So my question is...wtf could it be?
Diagnostic shows no error, parameters are ok.
So far it was done:
  • Changed spark plugs and coils
  • Cleaned MAP, throttle body, camshaft sensor, crank sensor, EVAP valve
  • Checked for cracked hoses
  • Checked cylinders for coolant leaking into chamber with inspection camera.
  • Measured battery voltage when cranking.
- Updated injection software and ECU.

But problem still remains. Any idea what could it be? My only tought is dephaser pulley..but not sure, because there isn't any noise and car drives normally without any power loss.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Was the TB calibrated properly after the "clean"?

Pull the plug off the dephaser solenoid - your dash will be shouting at you but ignore it - start the engine when cold - better at all or sorted completely?

Distance covered by the engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine has 165.000 km. Throttle body was calibrated by authorized renault service...so i assume it was done right.

I didnt start car without solenoid yet...will try. I did remove a little mesh for oil flow on dephaser solenoid...but nothing changed.
Yesterday i tried to remove vacuum hose on EVAP valve and started the car. It runned fine...dont know why. Maybe just a luck that time. But evap valve works...i tried it on 12V battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I unplugged dephaser solenoid valve. Problem sorted completely! So what does that mean? Bad solenoid, pulley?

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
UPDATE: I unplugged dephaser solenoid valve. Problem sorted completely! So what does that mean? Bad solenoid, pulley?
Could be either or both unfortunately.

I would suggest drive it like this for a few hot/cold cycles and confirm sorted (no damage to engine possible and you will get shouted at by the dash while engine down about 5%-10% at higher engine torque requirements) ................ if I absolutely HAVE to blame something my first reaction would be dephaser pulley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts