Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I tried to search for the problems I have with my car, but nothing has quite the same symptoms.

I got the car 6 months ago, and we found pretty fast that it was leaking coolant. At Renault service they fixed all the leaks but the car was still losing coolant, but vary slowly.
In the begging of March I started to get Check ESP error and the car shakes a lot below 2000rpm, so I returned it to the service. Guy said it was misfire on second cylinder p0302, so all spark plugs got changed, and they didn't bother with the leak.
Check ESP still showed after that so we went to a different guy that my father knows a long time. He said the coil needs changing, so we put a new coil on cylinder 3 (we though that was cylinder 2) and after that we put the old coil from cylinder 3 in cylinder 2. But again Check ESP and p0302 are showing.
3 weeks ago I started to get check injection as well, and check ESP is still poping up sometimes and the car shakes. I took it to a guy I know, he did a test with some yellow fluid that turned blue when it got fumes from the coolant tank. And he said its probably a head gasket or cracked head.

Now I don't mind changing the gasket, but since I don't have in depth knowledge about cars, I want to ask you guys for a second (in this case 10th)
opinion. I'm just confused how CHECK ESP/CHECK injections is connected with MISFIRE and head gasket.

Some extra info: when check ESP shows, car runs as normal above 2000rpm, doesn't loose any power. Also one time, I launched the car a little to fast and not 2 min later the temperature started rising, when I opened the hood, the coolant was gone from the tank when I just topped it up, and I had to put about 1.5-2 liters to fill it.

Any info on the matter is welcome guys. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Looks like typical 1.4 TCe ailment - overheating on 3rd cylinder, headgasket blown (coolant disappearing and exhaust gasses in the cooling system) & possibly cracked head.

NFI how to connect it with ESP warning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like typical 1.4 TCe ailment - overheating on 3rd cylinder, headgasket blown (coolant disappearing and exhaust gasses in the cooling system) & possibly cracked head.

NFI how to connect it with ESP warning.
Thanks for the fast respond man. Do you have any idea if I change the gasket how to prevent future problems like that. And is it worth it to keep the car, or should I change it? Just wondering of your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Thanks for the fast respond man. Do you have any idea if I change the gasket how to prevent future problems like that. And is it worth it to keep the car, or should I change it? Just wondering of your thoughts.
Can't say I do know the answers to the questions as there are too many unknown factors. To start with, is the head cracked or just the gasket blown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't say I do know the answers do the questions as there are too many unknown factors. To start with, is the head cracked or just the gasket blown.
Don't know yet. I haven't start with the repairs. I will update the post when I have more info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again.

So we changed the gasket. And I was driving the car around 400 km with no problem. However at the end I got CHECK ESP on the dash and the car started shaking. When I checked the error codes, I get cylinder 2 misfire again, and the coolant was gone from the tank. Once I opened the tank the coolant returned. Besides the gasket, the coil on cylinder 2 is new, all spark plugs are new, the head test show now cracks, and the car was in service 2 times to fill and holes in the cooling system.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi again.

So we changed the gasket. And I was driving the car around 400 km with no problem. However at the end I got CHECK ESP on the dash and the car started shaking. When I checked the error codes, I get cylinder 2 misfire again, and the coolant was gone from the tank. Once I opened the tank the coolant returned. Besides the gasket, the coil on cylinder 2 is new, all spark plugs are new, the head test show now cracks, and the car was in service 2 times to fill and holes in the cooling system.

Any suggestion?
Did you fix this problem? I have exact the same problem.

Greetz Jeroen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts