Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I want to install a net-luggage retain: "dog guard". My Tourer dosent have the plastic covers (anch high load). It's possible to install it?

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
I use the Halfords three-piece one that clips onto the rear headrests. It's very secure, looks OK and is quick to remove if I want to use the boot space for longer loads. It's also massively cheaper than the Renault offering.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Without the plastic covers the guard will have to be braced against the trim. I have never found this satisfactory. Have you checked what Renault's solution might be? And is this going to be a permanent fixture?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without the plastic covers the guard will have to be braced against the trim. I have never found this satisfactory. Have you checked what Renault's solution might be? And is this going to be a permanent fixture?
I found this, on line, but my problem is: does the car have any suport wellded on the chassis to attach the part nº5?

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Sorry, can't say for sure but if you don't have the removable covers over the trim I would not expect the fittings to be there. Only way to tell is to remove. Then eventually you will have to cut away the trim to mount it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, can't say for sure but if you don't have the removable covers over the trim I would not expect the fittings to be there. Only way to tell is to remove. Then eventually you will have to cut away the trim to mount it.
Well... I think that to...

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
That's your opinion.... Mine is a little different.... And by yhe way: I ask for HELP not OPINIONS!!!!
I find your reply to be very abrupt towards Mikeyjp, who is a respected long term contributor to the forum. You asked for help and he gave you a potential solution (post #2). His "opinion" (post #4) was simply just his reasonable justification as to why he recommended his solution.

Back on topic, either go aftermarket or call your local Renault dealer for the standard part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I find your reply to be very abrupt towards Mikeyjp, who is a respected long term contributor to the forum. You asked for help and he gave you a potential solution (post #2). His "opinion" (post #4) was simply just his reasonable justification as to why he recommended his solution.

Back on topic, either go aftermarket or call your local Renault dealer for the standard part.
As I said before: ask for help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts