Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am having problems with bluetooth. Since my phone software has updated, it will not work correctly with the bluetooth in my car. It is a Megane Dynamique Tom Tom, the Carimat system i believe. When connected, it keeps cycling through cutting out the radio like i am getting a call then disconnecting the bluetooth, then connecting again and cycling round. Does anyone know the latest software version of the bluetooth in the car? I asked my local dealer but i just got an email saying the main guy was on holiday and that they dont think there is an update. My car is a 2010 plate and has never had an update to the software

Any help would be appreciated. :d

·
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
446 Posts
If you go to the renault UK website and search there, it will tell you what the newest siftware is and allow you to download the upgrade. There are specific instructions in terms of how you install it too.

Hope that helps

Iain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, Try this. It works for Samsung phones, din't know which one you have.

I've now managed to get my Samsung galaxy SIII connected to my in-car Radiosat. How?

Start by creating a new pairing between your phone and car radio. Engine running best.

1. Delete your phone entry from bluetooth settings on your car radio.

2. Go into the bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the device from your radiosat with radio on.

3. Turn off the car and radio.

4. After you have unpaired the device scan for bluetooth devices on you phone and delete the old entry.

5. Turn on your car radio create a new bluetooth connection as usual.

This is the IMPORTANT bit: When a new connection is made between the Radiosat and phone there will be a phonebook access request made to your phone. You can see this in notifications on your phone. Click on Cancel or ignore the request altogether, tick always do this and you'll not get this request each time. Accepting the request does not work, the Radiosat does not have the ability to handle the incoming file transfer from your phones contact list. If you do accept then you'll have to unpair and re-pair the phone and radio and start again.

The downside is that you cannot access your contacts on the phone, however spend a little time to populate the vehicle phone book and it's OK.

The upside is that you can make and receive handsfree calls and be able to play music from your phone through the radio. Interestingly the name of the first track played is displayed but is not updated for each new track selected. I've got TomTom Live on the car and every time there is an information interruption, speed camera, voice direction the track name is updated!*?

I've successfully paired a Galaxy S, Galaxy SII,
Galaxy Note and SIII using this method. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

bigiainw, i tried that, but apparently there is no way for me to update it.

henoed, thank you so much, yes this worked perfectly and like you said, the music track doesn't get updated for some reason!

Interestingly the phone book access worked fine on ICS until i updated to Jellybean. Not too much of an issue really. The track names updating stopped working way back on updating to froyo!

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have an RS250 and have same problem with my Galaxy Not e II.

I've tried the steps above with no success. And have had a look on Renault web site and couldn't find any update.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2011 megane with radio sat classic bluetooth but no USB socket. The renault dealer has just updated the radio system blue tooth firmware from 88.11 to 91.14 and the bluetooth now works great. I previously had problems with random disconnects and track names not displaying properly- it's all fine now

·
Registered
1 Posts

I've now managed to get my Samsung galaxy SIII connected to my in-car Radiosat. How?

Start by creating a new pairing between your phone and car radio. Engine running best.

2. Go into the bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the device from your radiosat with radio on.

4. After you have unpaired the device scan for bluetooth devices on you phone and delete the old entry.

This is the IMPORTANT bit: When a new connection is made between the Radiosat and phone there will be a phonebook access request made to your phone. You can see this in notifications on your phone. Click on Cancel or ignore the request altogether, tick always do this and you'll not get this request each time. Accepting the request does not work, the Radiosat does not have the ability to handle the incoming file transfer from your phones contact list. If you do accept then you'll have to unpair and re-pair the phone and radio and start again.

The downside is that you cannot access your contacts on the phone, however spend a little time to populate the vehicle phone book and it's OK.

The upside is that you can make and receive handsfree calls and be able to play music from your phone through the radio. Interestingly the name of the first track played is displayed but is not updated for each new track selected. I've got TomTom Live on the car and every time there is an information interruption, speed camera, voice direction the track name is updated!*?

THANK YOU!!! this has been driving me bonkers for a year in my clio! my phone (Asus Zenfone2) had an option to disable contacts sharing in the Bluetooth properties for connection "My_Radiosat".. disabled this, no more random disconnections!

·
Registered
1 Posts

worked perfectly.thanks(y)(y)(y)(y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts