Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Megane 3 Estate and the breaks do not fill me with confidence. Had a brake check and apparently their all new, driven over 1000 miles so should be fully bedded in. So I'm looking best way to upgrade them, seen the RS brembo brakes but too pricey. Was wondering if its possible or if anyone has fitted brakes from a bigger vehicle like the Renault traffic on a Megane? Or any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,912 Posts
Type of pads?
There is a world of difference between budget pads and decent ones.
And you don't have to spend a fortune on top named performance brands...though should get best results if you do.

My Youngest had a Fiesta with new brakes all round, fine until the brakes had to work a little harder, when they faded, squealed and generally didn't perform.
Pads fitted were Eicher, replaced with Ferodo.
A whole world of improvement.

Being as your discs are new, I'd only be looking at pads BTW

·
Registered
320 Posts
On reflection are you 100% sure everything on the brakes is working as it should be. The times I have just given brakes a good service and that has cured any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
nothing wrong with OEM. you said you just got the car, so do you know whats already been fitted to it? last owner could have fitted cheap rubbish

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
6,411 Posts
When was the fluid last changed?
What best describes the lack of performance, are they soft or something else?
On some calipers it's possible to install the external spring the wrong way and the brakes will be soft?
Properly set up the original brakes are capable of developing a braking effort not far short of the vehicle weight.
Does the last MoT record the braking effort at each wheel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts