Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filter is to the left side of the clutch pedal. Four nuts hold pedal. Remove them, and the 3 switches attached. Simply twist and pull. Place pedal on floor. Remove left side panel. Remove 2 Torx bolts holding filter cover. Remove cover by pressing tabs inwards. Pull filter out.

Torque (clutch pedal nuts) = 21NM, (Filter housing Torx bolts) = Finger tight.

The task is hard only because access is limited. A small spanner, maybe with a flexible head is an absolute must for the nut above the pedal. Nuts are either 10mm or 13mm. A small ratchet with extension bars are needed for the remaining nuts. You'll need deep sockets.

Don't worry too much about the 21NM torque. No way will you get a torque wrench on that upper nut, unless you access it by remove the steering column cover and use an extension bar and a flexible head attachment. But that's a lot of work when you can just reach with a ring spanner.

Remember to fit the new filter with the air flow arrows pointing towards the cabin.

This video should help guide you:

It is worth doing. Just look at my old filter! God knows how old it was. See attachment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did you change it yourself ? easy or hard ?
Yes. I've given instructions above on how to do it. I've attached an image of my old filter that I pulled out. The job is easy in theory, but it is hard only because you have so little room to work. The highest of the 4 nuts holding the clutch pedal is extremely difficult to access. Spanner is recommended, or you could access via the steering column (with ratchet and extension) if you remove all the panelling. It's a lot of work just for 1 bolt though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts