·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,650 Posts
Can you explain for us what you mean
Something not working, or you want to add

·
37,650 Posts
Does your instructions say what power line to use..
As in ACC, or fit a switch, wire into the sidelights
I AM NOT going to answer
AND you might not get an answer before Morning,
Going to leave this to a member who has fitted DRL's , Cannot remember how he did it, though I have had is front end of the car off a few times

will send a message to @Davegayle .for you, as he will know how to do it, save you struggling, and me guessing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does your instructions say what power line to use..
As in ACC, or fit a switch, wire into the sidelights
I AM NOT going to answer
AND you might not get an answer before Morning,
Going to leave this to a member who has fitted DRL's , Cannot remember how he did it, though I have had is front end of the car off a few times

will send a message to @Davegayle .for you, as he will know how to do it, save you struggling, and me guessing
They have no instructions, they're from AliExpress!
I've tested them with a 12V PSU and they do work. A scan effect when turned on to solid white, sequential indicator when power sent to indicator cable, and return to solid white when indicator off.
I know what I'm doing with electronics and I work for an LED company. It's the car part of this equation I'm struggling with.
I've made my loom but I don't know where to power it from.

Thanks for your help.

·
37,650 Posts
Have messaged Dave for you, he might pop on tonight
But am struggling here to understand your Indicators,
So you are getting rid of your original, and fitting sequential front and rear.
Or just front, wont these just use the indicator power supply, assuming these are not LED's
Not sure if LED's work ok on Renault Megane 3
( Might be a good idea to ask this in another area ,, My motta area )
The DRLS, sure its just using sidelight power supply
Relay, with your power from battery , and the power supply from the side lights, activates the relay, and the relay switches the DRL's on

BUT again, NOT 100% sure, ( though thtas the way I would go )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have messaged Dave for you, he might pop on tonight
But am struggling here to understand your Indicators,
So you are getting rid of your original, and fitting sequential front and rear.
Or just front, wont these just use the indicator power supply, assuming these are not LED's
Not sure if LED's work ok on Renault Megane 3
( Might be a good idea to ask this in another area ,, My motta area )
The DRLS, sure its just using sidelight power supply
Relay, with your power from battery , and the power supply from the side lights, activates the relay, and the relay switches the DRL's on

BUT again, NOT 100% sure, ( though thtas the way I would go )
I've got the GT Line model, so my sidelights are dummys. The DRL dims to become the sidelight. Hence the need to draw power elsewhere.
It is just the front I'm doing this, to add to my existing idicators and DRL, nothing is coming out.
These are what I'm fitting - 6.2US $ 31% OFF|2pcs LED DRL Car Daytime Running Light Flexible Waterproof Strip Auto Headlights White Turn Signal Yellow Brake Flow Lights 12V|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress
The headlight has a nice little ridge on the back that holds the strip and allows the light to reflect throughout the lamp.

·
37,650 Posts
Red Wire: +12V/ACC, always on when driving Black wire: - GND / ground (negative power supply) Yellow wire: connecting to turn signal (+)

Though your side lights are dummy, your DRL.s aren't
Why not fit a relay, then use your DRL's power supply to switch the relay over to power your new drl's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red Wire: +12V/ACC, always on when driving Black wire: - GND / ground (negative power supply) Yellow wire: connecting to turn signal (+)

Though your side lights are dummy, your DRL.s aren't
Why not fit a relay, then use your DRL's power supply to switch the relay over to power your new drl's
The sidelights are definately dummys, I switched the bulbs when I got the car and took to Google when they didn't work.
I'm expecting to have to explain it when the MOT is due.
I bought an add-a-fuse from Halfords today so I could piggyback another fuse - again, a Google search - but it was identifying where to piggy back to that's halted it. You need to be a contortionist to hold and look into the fuse bay, never mind holding a multimeter and telling the Mrs to "turn it on, and off, now on again....".
I'm saving how to get the cable into the fuse bay for a happier time.
Finding the indicator pin in the headlamp socket will be easier, then I just splice onto it and I'm done.

·
37,650 Posts
so why not splice into the drls,

Relays are really great for these types of jobs
Its just Power from the battery to the relay, earth from the battery to the relay, power supply from your DRL's to the relay, and from the relay, back to your Added DRL'S
Saves getting at the fusebox

Relay around a fiver ,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so why not splice into the drls,

Relays are really great for these types of jobs
Its just Power from the battery to the relay, earth from the battery to the relay, power supply from your DRL's to the relay, and from the relay, back to your Added DRL'S
Saves getting at the fusebox

Relay around a fiver ,
The DRLs dim when the sidelight setting is on so there's going to be a resistor somewhere controlling that.
Have you got a link for instructions on installing a relay? Ideally for the Megane 3.
I wish there was a Haynes manual for this car.

·
37,650 Posts
Relay
Pin 30 to the Positive terminal of the battery, ( If fitting a fuse fit it in this line )
Pin 85 to Earth , ANY earth on the car will do, but better to take it from the battery, keeps all the wiring neat
Your DRL's supply ( Your fitted DRL's ) connect this to 86
Pin 87 to your Added DRL's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Relay
Pin 30 to the Positive terminal of the battery, ( If fitting a fuse fit it in this line )
Pin 85 to Earth , ANY earth on the car will do, but better to take it from the battery, keeps all the wiring neat
Your DRL's supply ( Your fitted DRL's ) connect this to 86
Pin 87 to your Added DRL's
Ok, I've watched a few YouTube videos on installing a relay.
So I need to splice a cable onto my DLRs to use as a switch on the relay? When they turn on, the relay switches the added DLRs on. Will the fitted DLR's dimming function affect the relay?

·
37,650 Posts
should not no

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
should not no
Morning,
I'm clock watching for 10 so I can go to Halfords, and I've just a thought.
The sequential indicator relies on constant power to the yellow and it manages the sequential effect internally.
Does the standard indicator receive constant power and manage its blinking internally, or does it receive a pulsed power signal to cause a basic bulb to blink?
If it's a pulsed signal, I need to find where the signal is constant - the signal that turns the blinking instruction on.

·
37,650 Posts
DARK socket,on the headlight here or?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DARK socket,on the headlight here or?
DRL socket. I can get to it and feel the yellow tab to release it, but I can't get it off.
I've tried tracking it through the loom but it's mixed up with the parking sensor cables.
I can't see the DLR plug so I don't know what colour I'm looking for either.
I need to identify a switching source in the engine bay to get the white working.
The orange looks awesome!!!!

·
37,650 Posts
now youve lost me, switching source, so your going to fit a switch then?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts