Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an aftermarket radio on my Megane which I wanted to replace with OEM stereo. So I bought a second-hand OEM one and eventually got it to turn on. However, when checking the CLI* diagnostics there are lots of errors on the radio computer that keep changing from red to orange (active and stored faults) The list of errors are as follows and they switch from red to yellow non stop

Front LH Speaker - Short circuit to the battery
Front RH Speaker - Circuit short to ground
Rear LH Speaker - Circuit short to ground
Rear RH Speaker - Short circuit to the battery
Computer - Overheating
Wake Up Signal - Circuit short to ground

Could the actual radio unit be faulty? How can the computer be overheating? i just powered it on after a very long time and it shows overheating. On the radio itself, if I take the radio out and on the pin for Multimedia Wakeup Signal and the Ground if I do a continuity test with a multimeter i get a beep. If i measure resistance between the two pins it reads around 70k ohms. Is there supposed to be continuity between these two pins?

Can anyone please help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I get the feeling the radio/stereo might be at fault because visually everything is now working. I'm able to pair bluetooth devices, change tracks etc but absolutely NO sound whatsoever. No matter what I do, there seems to be no sound coming out of the system at all.
 

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
Joined
·
42,522 Posts
The radio is classed as the COMPUTER in this instance, so faulty radio would make sense
 
  • Like
Reactions: johnroberts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
Hi

I think you now know why it was removed from the original vehicle. You need to return it to the seller for either a refund or further replacement.

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've tested the 4 pairs of speaker wires for each speaker on the main connector and 3 of them read the 4ohms that they and the passenger door one reads higher ohms.so I thouht maybe the passenger door speaker is blown but when I plug my aftermarket radio back in and play a track I get perfectly fine audio out of all speakers. So not sure why the ohm readings on that one speaker is coming up high. I don't think that's the reason why the original radio hasn't got any sound as when I plug in original I get errors saying short on all speaker wires as well as the radio computer overheating even though it's just been turned on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update on this, it was the silly radio after all. Got another one from the breakers and works perfectly and not a single error code on CLI* unfortunately I couldn't return the old one as I had purchased it a while back with the plan to do this.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top