Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 66 plate Megane makes a random "popping" sound when driving. It happens at various speeds and even when I'm slowing down. The "pop" happens only once, and sometimes happens mikes later or more frequently

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,202 Posts
Your not giving us much to go on. Your title says beep and your post says pops ...... confusing.

Is it an electronic sound ? noises from the exhaust? does it sound outside of the car? or in the interior? or from the engine bay?

Please explain a little more then there's more chance of someone being able to help.

Reactions: twodogs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone help with the post I made?
I'm new to the forums and really hope someone can help me get rid of this noise. The Renault agency can't see me today and I've a long drive to do later this week.
Any ideas anyone?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.
Thanks. The sound is electronic. I've tried checking the system menu on the central control panel but I've not achieved anything. The sound is like an electronic "plop" - completely strange and has only started recently. I've tried driving with either one of the key cards and even with them both in the car but the sound is still randomly happening

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,037 Posts
No extra lights on the dashboard? Does it sound like it is coming from the centre console, radio, or under the bonnet. Do you have an immobiliser? Is the red light lighting up. Could be loads of things - auto lock mechanism (does it sound like this when the doors are locked); low battery in alarm system; reversing beep; seat belt warning; low key battery. If there are no lights on the instrument panel I wouldn't worry at this stage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. No lights showing. Sound from central front of interior. I'll have a look again at manual in the areas you mentioned and see if I get anywhere. It's s strange thing!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to add to other post

When you are low on fuel when you start the car you will hear a nice beep

After a few miles you will hear the same beep and so on to remind you that your car is low on fuel

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,202 Posts
please ignore, question had already been asked above

Reactions: tata

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, The same thing happened to me today. A ramndom electronic beep sounded periodically in my Renault Megane 66 plate. Just as described by fifer in the post above. It seems to come on when I am using R-Link. Very annoying. Did anyone come up with an answer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same popping noise since I got my Megane last November (17 Plate. Just never got round to going to dealer. Happens about every two minutes or so - really difficult to pin down where it's coming from. But yesterday I upgraded R-Link 2 from version 2.2.17.803 to version 2.2.19.200 ...and it seems to have gone away. Prior to upgrading R-Link, turning the fan speed to the 'off' position (click on 'touch' fan icon) appeared to stop it. So not exactly sure which stopped it ...or if it has really stopped! Will be a few days before by ear has tuned into it again, if its there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an update on my previous post - the "popping / plopping" noise seems to have gone for good since upgrading my R-Link 2 to version 2.2.19.200 - been four days now and not heard noise again. So seems it might have been due to bug in earlier versions of R-Link 2 - maybe with my phone (iPhone 5S & IOS 11.2.5), Bluetooth or GPS polling or searching for fresh data. There have been some reported problems with Apple IOS 11.x polling frequently and dropping connections using Bluetooth with earlier R-Link 2 versions; as well as IOS 11.x previously not being on the "approved" list of phone OS's, so this seems a likely suspect.

I also did some playing around with fan speed and it does not seem to have any effect on matters.

There are details for upgrading R-Link 2 on other forum links.

Hope this is of help to somebody.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, Benjimax has it. Looks like my speculation that it was a bug in R-link was off and that my upgrading R-link and Nav files inadvertently turned the speed warning back to off, rather than fix the problem. Had a quick run around this afternoon and was able to turn the popping sound on and off by fiddling with the speed warning settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my Megan’s I recently purchased I get a beep every now again and I have checked every thing I should and I can find no reason why this beep happens, some one told me the speed inhibited was involved but this is turned off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.