Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a November build Megane 4 with the Arkymis 8" ics unit. Was wondering if anyone has had the fascia off? I was thinking of amplifying and putting in a subwoofer, but haven't been able find any pics of the back of the unit or instruction for removal.
Thanks
Snibo

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopefully i can revive this thread, as i am also interested in this subject.

Hello to you all on this forum!

I have a Talisman Zen with Arkamys sound system and i'm currently trying to upgrade my front/rear in-door speakers with some Hertz. I am also interested in the configuration/built of this system, as the car (and i presume it's the same with Megane mk4) comes with component speakers and use some sort of crossovers/filters.

1) I'd like to know where the crossovers/filters are mounted inside of the car so i can replace them. Also, i don't know and i can't find anything on the outputs of the head unit, only some pictures with the back, but no wiring diagram.
2) We don't know if there is any subwoofer output that we can use on the head unit. Again, no connection diagrams that i could find online. It seems all available information stop at Megane mk3...
3) I don't know about Focal system, i know Bose uses custom 7-channel amplifier, but I imagine Arkamys runs on the head unit alone, not using any external amplifier, as the system is quite weak in wattage. So i presume we are limited to 4 channels, without taking into consideration connecting an amplifier on the rear wiring for example and multiply the outputs. I'm sayng this because the Zen trim has extra 6x9 inch cutouts on the back that could be also used if we can figure out a solution.

I know this topic is quite old (May 2017), but i hope some of you tried and made some breakthroughs in these regards until now. So i you did, please share :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I have a November build Megane 4 with the Arkymis 8" ics unit. Was wondering if anyone has had the fascia off? I was thinking of amplifying and putting in a subwoofer, but haven't been able find any pics of the back of the unit or instruction for removal.
Thanks
Snibo

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Hi

I have now spent days and days trying to upgrade speakers/systems.

Had a professional installer try to put a Alpine DSP/AMP/Sub into megane RS280 (2018).

Removed the face to find the head unit screwed to the firewall.

Whats next !!!!!

See attached Focal install guide for the megane ... I beleive you need to drop the Panels below the touch panel to get to the head (see guie)

So i have now found the following with a plug and play module . Hoping this works. Yet to prove to getting my hands up and behind the head unit to plug in adapters.

ebay has a Match AMP/DSP with plus and play adapter

looking at this match unit woth the plug and play adapter

Anyone else had any luck getting to the head unit?

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts