Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
well just got my car back from the stealers.had a fuel injection fault.3 days to find out what it was.faulty fuel pump.this has caused tiny bits of metal to contaminate the fuel system.total cost of repair,,,,£3600.
9 months out of warranty with a full renault service history 38000 miles.
happy motoring.:steam:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Jeezus thats a bit steep, did you take it to anywhere else first for a 2nd opinion?

Have you got a breakdown of all the parts and labour?

Was there no chance of a little help from RCS towards the cost?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel pump nightmare

not going to pay it.my brother in law is a deisel fitter for volvo,so he is going to do it free of charge.
yeee ha.
renault customer services agreed to pay 50%,but that still takes the bill to £1800.so really i am paying for it.
and offered a £1000 off a new car.HA, you can get that if you walk into any stealer anytime.
SO I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE MY LAST RENAULT.:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
This seems to be a known fault I have heard of this on a number of Renault Diesel engines.

I would have expected them to cover the full cost of the repairs.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi mate sorry to ask but what was your fault in the car , im new on this site and dont know how to retrieve your 1st threads, as my car has a few problems which i will post

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
injection fault light

The fuel injection light came on ,took it to the stealers,fuel pump in the engine has failed after only 38000 miles.renault customer services,said.Well you know these things just happen,sorry but due to it being just out of warranty all we can do is offer to pay 50% of the repair bill. .due to the fuel pump failing this has contaminated the engine with tiny bits of metal.costing over £3600 to repair,took it to a deisel machanic.he fitted a new pump and flushed all the lines,running like new,£200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts