Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all i am new to this site i have just bought a megane coupe 2000 x plate 1.6 sport i have just drove the car home and it is almost stalling at traffic lights and seems to hold back when i accelerate wawy from lights roundabouts ect i have looked under the bonnet ant the hose to the air filter has 2 large rips in it it was notlike that last week when i veiwed the car i will take this up with the garage tommorrow by replacing this hose will this solve the problem?the car seemed to drive fine last week on test drive before i bought the car could they also be a problem with the icv i have got bits of info off the net but cant find a true answer many thanks for your help

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums hopefully one of our more learned members will give you advice soon,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stalling at traffic could be caused by many things - to start from fuel, fuel pump malfunction, fuel filter clogged, faulty TDC sensor, faulty MAP or Lambda sensor, faulty coils, or spark plugs.
Give it a service first - change fuel and air filters, and if the problem persists, change the spark plugs. If still no solution to the problem - have the computer checked for any faults - if the problem is from a sensor it will show up and indicate which one will need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts