Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main interior light in my Megane Cabriolet (02) has broken and a replacement from Renault costs £180. Apparently this is a common fault with this model, does anyone know where to get a cheaper replacement or have the connection mended?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Ulfert.

I would try Ebay not just the Brittish one, Also try breakers yards, But if you say it is a common fault it will be hard to find a replacement.

£180 is alot of money for an interior light.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
it is expensive the reason being it comes with the ir unit that recieves the signal to open and close the central locking! if you know any one who is handy with a soldering iron and you have all the broken bits it can be repaired! lost count at how many ive repaired takes time and patients!
good luck bigshow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there.... I also have the same problem. I removed the bulb and undid star screw behind it but still cant remove the interior light housing.......
Any help much appreciated ! ! ! !

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the same problem, the brass clip snaps, the advice on the soldering iron is true, I've repaired mine 3-4 times, on going thing I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has any one got a picture of the interior light as mine was broken when i got it and i cant work out where i need to solder the new conection on to.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Trebor
I know this is an old posting but I have the same problem and wondered if you ever got a picture/diagram of the bit that needed soldering?
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts