Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,very new here ,i did search before asking but couldnt see anything.

my 1.9 dci cc 2009 megane needs a new front hub,my abs clips erroded to nothing and the simplest way to sort it i figured would be a hub with an intact clip.
had 2 from scrappers and the inner spindle is too small on both,one was from a cc and one a 1.5 dci standard megane.
could anybody offfer me insight into which front drivers hub it is i need as this is driving me round twist now.

afaik ive a mk2 cc,but seems to be some cross over with facelift models around 2009 .
i would really appreciate any help please

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,254 Posts
would you not be better to fit this lot
This clip holds the abs sensor in place
Or have I read what you want to do incorrectly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would you not be better to fit this lot
This clip holds the abs sensor in place
Or have I read what you want to do incorrectly

That achieves the same as what I need (just abs clip ) but I don't have a bearing press so cannot do on my drive , but I can swap a knuckle out no issue on my drive but the 2 I've had were both 2 small,mines printed 557 and all others I've seen were 555

·
38,254 Posts
Why not take your hub off, drop it into a local garage and pay them to put you a new bearing in.
You will then be using your original hub that you know fits
You could have any HUB on there, not necessarily off a Megane

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not take your hub off, drop it into a local garage and pay them to put you a new bearing in.
You will then be using your original hub that you know fits
You could have any HUB on there, not necessarily off a Megane
Could do that ,but I'm loath to pay when I just need to get a wheel hub that's right size ,I'm doubling cost of repair with new bearing and paying a garage

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
but your're already bought two hubs that are wrong.... £££, so your A got a car off road which equals time/money and a 2nd hand could be no better... and fail in days/weeks/months etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but your're already bought two hubs that are wrong.... £££, so your A got a car off road which equals time/money and a 2nd hand could be no better... and fail in days/weeks/months etc.
the wrong hubs are both going back,as they were listed as compatible with my car and arent,so the money spent there is negated,and going from no clip to any clip is an improvement. im tight what can i say lol,but between paying 30 quid and spending an hour or so changing hub ,or spending 30 quid then 20 quid asking a garage to press bearing in/out.
im only asking if anybody knows the correct type for the cc and if its different to a hatch/estate

·
38,254 Posts
you will need to get one from a convertible
They are different, but thats hoping someone has not changed driveshaft, and hub off another car
Can you check on how many splines are on the other hub ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you will need to get one from a convertible
They are different, but thats hoping someone has not changed driveshaft, and hub off another car
Can you check on how many splines are on the other hub ..
i figured i would,that's why first one i got was off exactly the same model and engine, but too small, only difference in the hub is ones printed with 557 and the others 555.
the 2nd claimed to be the same model but not cc.

·
38,254 Posts
Its down to the amount of splines if memory serves here.

I know the megane we had here ( Scrapper used for parts ) could not use anything to fit the CC, even the inner door handles are different ( CC are longer cables going to the lock )
Fuse box and some of electrics were ok, but hardly anything on suspension or body was the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it possible to just replace the clip for the abs sensor,just taking the hub off and putting it in back somehow,or is it full new bearing job?

·
38,254 Posts
New bearing job, as the clip goes in first then the bearing is put in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts