Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help warning light came on on my megane II 1.9 dci saying check injection, its also losing power at about 3500 revs then goes off again, also warning light 'regenerate soot filter' please help, cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i take it the car still has manufactures warranty on it and if so i would get it book in as soon as i hope this helps a little and till someone else has advice cheers Donald

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check this link for more info (it's on a lag but the basics should be the same). As for the particle filter that is part of the emmision system, it can be regen'd at a dealer but check your handbook I believe it can be done by driving for a certain distance above a certain speed to burn of the particualte build up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Injection light on

Hi, it could well be that you are now entering the world of the particle filter and it's associated problems.

This filter is in the exhaust system and is designed to reduce particle output into the atmosphere. If you have a Euro IV engine then this is probably the problem.

There are major problems with the system and basically you have to drive 20 to 30 mins at a minimum of 50 mph on a regular basis. I have been advisd by a Renault dealer that round town and short trips can cause it to clog inside 1 week.

I have just got mine back after over 7 weeks without the car due to this.

Enquire at your dealer about if it's the filter blocking. One thing to be aware of is that the Euro IV engines are causing big problems as although they reduce the number of emissions into the atmosphere, you have to drive alot of miles (and increase your emissions) to be able to reduce them. Duhhhhh !!!

The car dealers use the 'GREEN' features of this filter to sell you the car but don't tell you they are really only suitable for reps and those doing milage on a regular basis.

I hope you get some satisfaction from Renault as their customer service is probably the worst on the planet.

Best wishes:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey your spot on they told me car was meant for reps ha what a joke, like a vacuum cleaner for only the bedroom. told me to drive it for 40 miles at 50 in 4th gear they didnt even supply diesel. they say they can do a forced regeneration with permission from renault but it could reduce lifespan of cat converter. it keeps getting better ha, renault what a joke

·
Registered
5 Posts
it gets better

you think thats bad ? well, wait for the best bit, which is...........
........they can only do the forced regeneration twice, yes that's correct, twice, and then you have to have a new particle filter believe it or not.

I've just had the filter replaced and the dealer advised me that the part, and labour is over £800.
I had the part replaced under warranty as a Renault main dealer couldn't get it to clear under the forced burn.

Basically it means the car is stuffed. When the warranty runs out you have got big problems.

It's a known fault, and the 'Industry', Renault included have known about it for a long time.

Do a google on 'Renault particle filter' and one of the searches should bring up a 'Volvo' forum. In that forum they go into depth about the whole particle filter system, and there is a mention of Renault in there too.

Makes for interesdting, and, very concerning reading.

By the way, Renault now have started to do the car(s) with a choice of either a filter or no filter. But thats no help to us............

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like i have been missold this car and got a meeting with the general manager of dealership on monday to exchange car, fingers crossed

·
Registered
5 Posts
hope it works

Hi Glen

well, I hope it works and your dealer has an ounce of decency. I have my car on HP and the buck sadly stops with Renault Finance for me. If you have outstnding finance through a finance company then it is their responsibility, not the dealers.

Please tread carefully on this one as i'm having big problems. I don't want to alarm you but better forewarned, so at least you can get your facts and everything tidy ready for your 'presentation' on Monday.

Let us know how you get on as this will also have a bearing on my case as i have had to take it a step forward and Consumer Direct are now on board and Trading Standards come on board later this week to help me get something sorted.

It may also be worth your while looking at the Sale of Goods Act (if you dont have finance on the car), and the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973, if you do have an outstanding Hire Purchase agreement.

They may not be applicable but I hope that anything I'm having to deal with at the moment will save you time and trouble.

Best wishes mate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Injector problems

Hi Guys

well, after my last post in July (I think it was July), I have had to sell my car.

Renault Finance and Renault customer services refused to do anything about my car and said it was my fault as it was my driving style that was causing the problems. Renault France did not reply to any of my emails or letters.

Renault told me that if the car broke down again then they would not fix it as I had voided my warranty my not driving in the recomended fashion, ie, I was not doing enough miles, and, if it happened again, they would not be obliged to fix it.

I went to the dealer I bought the car from and they no longer sell Renault, and have changed hands so they had no case to answer.

In the end I went to Trading Standards/Consumer Direct and they told me to write some letters to Renault Finance, and if that didn't work, to sue Renault privately. They also said that I had to bear in mind that I might lose the case and that it could bankrupt me.

Trading Standards and Consumer Advice also suggested that I cut my losses, sell the car and move on...........

So, Renault Laguna 1.9dci Privilege, 15,000 miles on the clock, 17 months old, 2.5 months off the road in garages and no courtesy car supplied by Renault. Cost around £22,000 and i got £7,450 for it, minus £4,000 outstanding finance means I got £3,450 for it..............

By the way, this was a new replacement for a new car of the same model that was bought and broke down on the way homew from the garage where I had just collected it !!!!

So, Renault ? never ever again. I would rather walk for the rest of my life than go to them.

The nice thing though is that, because i deal with a lot of companies, and government bodies, I have so far persuaded people to change to other manufactures and to date have lost Renault the sale of in excess of 300 cars.

Life gets sweeter.........

Don't buy a Renault as other manufacturers DO offer a customer service.

·
Registered
75 Posts
save a lot of money....don't go to renault with this problem as it's not a problem if you know someone who is good at welding...just cut the dam thing out and throw it away....i did this with my last kangoo when the cat broke up,still passed an mot no problem!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
think i have the same fault just show up on my 05 (December) megane! ill try the 50mph for 40 miles idea. hope i works if not back to the dealer for me.
After posting this i have done the 40 miles above 50mph and it worked a treat.

The message went after about 30 miles and its been gone for over a week. I'm hopeful it wont return :d

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi ,

that sounds interesting, guess its really worth to de-commission the filter.

i m just wondering, if its the round-boxy protrution along the exhaust pipe line on my kangoo 1.9.

?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I've read this thread & all the advice seems to be about the filter - however I have "check injection" up on the display (is a permanent feature!) any ideas why? A man with a computer found "no fault" so am clueless

Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts